One of the reasons we love essential oils is how versatile they are. If we can buy one product and use it 10 different ways, we’re happy campers. Our Lavender essential oil is one of those multi-purpose products, so we thought we’d round up some of the different ways it can fit into your beauty, bedtime, and bath routines.
- Spot Treatment – lavender’s antibacterial properties make it an excellent gentle spot treatment. Just add a few drops to some coconut oil and use a q-tip to dab the problem area.
- Bath Oil – this can be as easy as adding 10 drops of lavender to a warm bath, but we’ve also whipped up this DIY Sleep Bath Oil for more inspired nightly soaks.
- Face Steam – a daily face steam can be an incredibly relaxing part of your beauty routine. This one combines Lavender with Sweet Orange, Geranium and Tea Tree to create a natural glow.
- Lip Scrub – This DIY lip scrub has been a saviour for us during chapped lip season (or if your lips stay dry all year). Plus, you only need 4 ingredients.
- Cold Compress – when you’re feeling under the weather, add a few drops of Lavender to a wet terry/face cloth. Place it in a sealed plastic baggie and chill it for an hour or so in the fridge. Lie down, and place the sweet-smelling, cool cloth on your forehead.
- Honey Lavender Lotion – no need to buy expensive, scented body cream. Simply combine a cup of unscented shea butter, ¼ cup of coconut oil, ½ a teaspoon of organic honey, and 20 drops of lavender essential oil into a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Face Mask – try this Pink French Clay mask for a refreshing Sunday night ritual.
- Laundry – we love adding essential oils to our washing machine for a fresh scent. 10-20 drops should do—Lavender and Frankincense are a great pair.
- Diffuser – Lavender is incredibly soothing. As part of your bedtime ritual, add 15 drops to a diffuser on your nightstand and shut the door—do this about an hour before bed. By the time you’re ready to fall asleep, your room will be its own little Lavender oasis.
- Mascara – because of Lavender’s antibacterial properties, you can extend the life of your mascara by adding a few drops of Lavender to it.
How else do you use Lavender essential oil? We’d love to add to this list!
Photo by Taylor McKay.